We currently have full-time positions for a Maintenance Foreman.
Specific duties include:
• Cutting lawns using various sized power mowers
• Trimming and edging using a gas powered edger/trimmer
• Operating a gas powered blower
• Trimming shrubs and low trees to shape and improve growth or to remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs using shears, pruners, or gas powered hedge trimmers
-Able to lead and instruct up to an 8-man team
-Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
-Using landscaping tools and operating heavy equipment as needed
-Drives company vehicle to customer location.
-Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
-Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
-Assists in maintaining cleanliness of facility.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training in horticulture is desired but not required
• Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are preferred but not required
• Must be allowed to work in the U.S.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use
hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with arms and hands, and
talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or
move up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Moderate to loud
Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions.
Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.